Keep your NMSU contact info up-to-date.
Updating your contact information
Many students enter their contact information when they complete their admissions application, then never visit that information again. It is critical that NMSU be able to contact students to keep them up-to-date with important campus deadlines and events.
Among the many reasons you should update your contact information are:
- NMSU communications: Many offices use this information to contact you. This is our primary way to let you know about everything from Financial Aid to employer visits.
- Emergency notifications: Opting-in to this system allows NMSU to send you emergency information via email, voice, or text message. For example, in February of 2011, NMSU was shut down for three days to help the local community during a power emergency. Notification of the shutdown was sent out over the NMSU Emergency Notification system.
- Manage your personal information: At the Personal Information tab, you can restrict what appears in the NMSU online directory.
How to update your contact information
- Log in to MyNMSU.
- Click on the Student tab.
- Select Personal Information. From this screen, you can update Addresses and Phones, Email Addresses, and Emergency Contacts.
- From the Addresses and Phones screen, you can select certain privacy options.
How to update your Emergency Notification Information
- Log in to the Emergency Notification Information.
- Select how you prefer to be contacted in an emergency and provide your most up-to-date information.
If you have questions about updating your information, contact the Help Desk via email or at 646-1840.